Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Featured on Style Me Pretty...

We feel so honored to be featured on this fabulous Wedding Blog... Style ME Pretty is one of the go-to for Brides and we are just tickled that they l o v e us as much as we l o v e them...


Vendor Spotlight: Lillyput Lane Design Company

September 26th. 2012 by Mallory | Filed Under | 1 comment
Okay ladies, get ready because I have just solved your “What do I adorn my neck/ears/wrist with on the most special day of my life” dilemma. Our LBBer Lillyput Lane Design Company creates special pieces we absolutely love. And the lady behind the jewels? Well I decided to sit down and chat with Laurie about the inspiration behind Lillyput Lane – and let me just say, her passion + emotion make me love her designs even more!

Lillyput Lane was created in January of 2011. I have been a jewelry designer for over 10 years and loved to create timeless pieces. In the beginning, it was a hobby with a friend but then we started having jewelry parties and it all changed, we were good and people were buying, a lot. We became in demand, so needless to say, we started to do huge shows in Palm Beach, Boston, Washington DC… It was overwhelming with little children and we were also growing our Restaurant Group Urban Bar B Que, so I had to choose. We now have five, soon to be six very successful BBQ Restaurants, so I had to focus on that.
Then in 2011, my beloved Grandmother passed away and we travelled to Wales to say good bye and take care of everything at our home. I used to live with my Grandparents when I was young and it was a fabulous experience to live in another country. I had such wonderful memories of every Summer spent on the cliffs looking over the beach. I used to walk to school walking down Lillyput Lane. So, when my sister and I were there in January 2011, we started talking about our passions and what we wanted to achieve in our lives. I wanted to be a serious designer, so walking down Lillyput Lane it was created. It seemed perfect, both my Grandmothers were huge inspirations to my sister and I.
I called my husband and told him, which meant I would reduce my role in our Restaurants. Of course, he said go for it, and I did. Now, I do both and love every minute of it. I do not create these pieces for the money but the passion. Every piece of jewelry I make is a thoughtful creation of something in my mind that I hope carries on. I want to make and design jewels that matter, that have a soul almost. Everyone wants to have a legacy, but I want my jewels to be in a memory. For instance, my double faced pendant necklace, I designed with the Bride in mind… One side her initial, the other her beloved. You will always remember why it is you have this necklace and I was apart of this. That is what drives me to create these jewels.
I have found my calling though, in the Bridal world. I l o v e to work with Brides. I myself did not have a Wedding, David and I eloped, which at the time seemed fun and different. Because I did not have the Wedding every girl dreams of, I am involved in hundreds of Weddings. I guess it is the window and the door analogy. Needless to say, I love it. For photo shoots, my girls, Samantha and Jessica are my models. To see them in Wedding dresses, well, it just makes me want to have Weddings, lots of them… I love everything about them.
I think my favorite all time Wedding was last year. I had a Bride who chose me as her designer for her entire Wedding party. During the time of the planning her Father passed away and of course she was devastated. She asked me to make something with him in mind, so I created the birthstone bracelet with the double faced pendant. She wore this in memory of her Father on the hand that he would hold walking down the aisle. It just makes me want to cry, every time I talk about it. It really means something to be apart of peoples lives in the most intimate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment